“What we’ve changed so far
Where we could do so quickly and safely, we’ve already acted on feedback and made improvements to the process.
Test of competence
- Updated OSCE resit policy – candidates now only have to re-sit the part of the OSCE that they failed
- Improved preparation materials – we’ve aligned OSCE preparation materials across our three test sites, produced ‘top tips’ for candidates and introduced a mock examination and marking criteria to support candidates preparing for the OSCE examination
- Reduced cost – we reduced the overall cost of the test of competence by more than 20 percent – the cost of the CBT reduced from £130 to £90; the full cost of OSCE from £992 to £794 and the resit cost of the OSCE from £496 to £397
- Updated English language requirements – we now accept an overall score of 7.0 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 7.0 in listening, reading and speaking
- Removed 12 months’ post-registration experience requirement“